Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Here's MY sign.

This morning I finally hung my sign that I had ordered from here.

See, our driveway curves around our house like this.
And our children like to play right here, where it is hard to see them when you come around the corner.
Most people that know us, know to drive up slowly......just in case we are outside playing.

But some people don't know us. Especially big delivery trucks that are in a hurry to get their deliveries completed. They sometimes come roaring down the driveway and around the curve.

I usually sit in my nice blue plastic lawn chair, right in the middle of the driveway so I can see them from all angles and watch for cars.

I'm hoping this sign will be easy to spot and will make me a little less afraid that the kids will get mowed over by a speeding car or truck.
So this is how it looks. Does it grab your attention?

And I put it up none too soon, because right after, this is what my kids where doing.Now I need a sign that says "Please don't run over my kids as they are lying in the driveway.....pretending to take a nap".And then another sign that says "If you see my kid running down the road, please bring her back".

3 comments:

~*~Lilly~*~ said...

Cadi,

I must say your blog is fabulous and keeps me laughing from day to day - especially the days i want to poke my eyeballs out with pencils because of the barrel full of retarded monkeys in this city! ha!

I think the sign is great...but they should have made it in some nasty loud colors with the bottom saying: " No really dumbass ...slow down" As i remember seeing those signs when i was younger and thinking..hmmm that's old. (kidding) the one about please return my kid would be well suited on your mailbox and then a repeat sign about a quarter of a mile down each way of the road - if it's a 2-wayer. ;)

Christie said...

Cadi,

I've missed the last couple blog entries and you crack me up. Your babies looked so cute on that changing table! It is getting a little scary all the things these kids are getting into, isn't it?

I loved your signs and the idea to put one further down the road. Sometimes, I'd like to put a special shir ton Lily when we go out with all of our information on it. :) Makes me wonder how my mom allowed me and my sibs to ride bikes for hours without knowing exactly where we were all the time.

Dorinda said...

As always I'm laughing! Cracks me up :) Great sign - signs? - they probabley could print the other ones for you - should be a big seller.