Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Shhh, Don't tell Daddy....

Remember this photo? Ashlyn helping Daddy plant the garden? Well is seems that our efforts have paid off. Ashlyn didn't like peas until she tasted the fresh ones out of the garden that she helped plant.Now we can't keep the kids out of the garden. They have already learned how to sneak in there and steal peas.We're not too upset cause they are eating them, after all.We want them to save some for us, and the peas are a little small yet, so I usually only let them each have 1 or 2 pods.Then to get them to leave the garden I say "run the mosquitoes are coming" "hurry".
So far it has been working. They all take off running and giggling.It was such a beautiful morning today so we spent a lot of time outside. Apparently we came in just in time because after I put the babies down for a nap and was sitting at the computer, I smelled a skunk. I looked out the window and it appears that our momma cat was sprayed in the face. I feel badly for her but I'm not going anywhere near her. I didn't actually see the skunk so I hope it's not too near by. We'll have to be on the lookout when we are outside. Ashlyn has been talking nonstop about it and what she will do if she sees it. I showed her a photo on the Internet of a skunk and she thinks they are really cute. I think I've scared her enough about it that she will not try and pet it if she sees one. I hope.

Gaby is the only one that doesn't like the peas. So to include her into this post I will show you her latest game. She loves climbing into things like strollers, wagons, playpens, and highchairs and then pretend crying for someone to come and get her out. She does this over and over. It's been about a week of this game and we are getting tired of it.

2 comments:

MaryBeth said...

Yuck... hope you guys don't run into the skunk in person. At least you are giving your kids a complete education... I had a friend in college who didn't "believe" in skunks. She thought they were a Disney creation, a la Peppy Le' Pue!?!

Dorinda said...

I don't like peas either but from your garden I might make an exception :) I think it's great that you are growing stuff! Can you add some fresh peas in with the snow you promised to mail me?