Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Whine, whine go away.......

Nap training and teething. What a perfect combination. Now all we need is another cold.

How is it that a person who wanted babies so desperately, for so many years, can now cringe and sigh when one of her beloved babies wants to be picked up?

It's called sensory overload!!!

There is also a thing called noise fatigue. It's real, look it up, or come over for a couple of hours. Seriously, by the time Lance comes home from work he can't even ask me a question and I jump down his throat. It's because I can't, or don't want to, even try and think anymore.
I really can hardly wait until the little ones start asking a million questions a day like Ashlyn does.

Brooke has been cutting her eye teeth (the most traumatic set of teeth) for, lets see, 12 years now. Or maybe just a couple of weeks. She basically went from "miss independent, take my things and I'll bite your head off" to following me around all day sobbing over every little catastrophe, and as soon as I am even remotely horizontal she NEEDS to be sitting on me. Which I would not mind so much if she wouldn't be always trying to "help" with everything also.

Plus, if she gets to sit on my lap then, my gosh, Gaby and Ryan NEED to sit there too. Then all hell brakes loose. You'd think after spending 8 months in a womb together they could at least stand to have one inch of skin touching another sibling's inch of skin!!! You would think. But no.

On the other end of the spectrum, Ryan has been giving me lots of kisses lately. Gaby and I danced this morning with her giggling the whole time. Ashlyn was posing really cute yesterday like this.And then she wanted a photo with her shoes in it.All of the babies are starting to talk more and more each day. Right now they are coming to me every couple of minutes and saying "cacker" and "more" except Brooke who is perched on my lap, trying to put her toes into the handle on the drawer in front of us.We have been watching home videos lately and the babies sit entranced and now seem to recognize themselves in photos. It's so amazing to see them start to turn into little people at this age.

Now if only I could get them jobs and a drivers license. Ok I won't wish for that day to come too soon, especially with the gas prices.

Yes, that is a potty that Brooke is sitting on and No, I am not starting potty training. We just keep it on the deck for when we (the kids that is) are swimming naked. Brooke has peed in it once and someone else did by accident, I think. They were all taking turns sitting on it and someone left a deposit. I didn't catch who it was. Having one potty has been a cause for battle so yesterday I ordered 2 more.

3 comments:

Dorinda said...

The things singletons don't have to deal with along with the things we didn't even consider when we only had one at a time! The whining was horrible then but it wasn't compacted with kids fighting for the same thing. It gets old and exhausting! I'm not nearby to help but I'm far away feeling your pain :)

Ms. Perky said...

I don't think parents of singletons, even lots of them, can ever understand the sensory overload that we moms of higher order multiples get. It's one of those things you just can't understand until you've been there, done that.

Ashlyn is adorable (I mean, all your kids are, but I'm betting she doesn't get a lot of attention from strangers compared to the triplets) and you can tell her I think her shoes are super-cool.

MaryBeth said...

Right. There. With. You!!!!! Somebody save me from this day, please... and I'm not even going it alone yet!