Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Say What?

The kids are becoming more and more vocal and it is just so funny. Today Gaby said her first 3-word sentence. She said "Who did that?" How many times a day do you think she hears that phrase?

This was Ryan today. He was just babbling to himself for about 20 minutes. I have no idea what he was saying but it sounded good. I just don't know where he gets that from?

Brooke doesn't say much but she knows how to express her needs, or mostly, wants. She has this very annoying sound that she makes. It just grates on my nerves. Lets see if I can communicate it through typing. It's like "eeeeennh". I'll try to capture it on video one of these days. Just what you want to hear, right? She will talk when she wants to but seems to act like it's beneath her to speak to us. She shakes her head yes and no which is helpful, sometimes.

They've all got "no" down pretty well but so far it's really cute how they say it so it doesn't bother me too much. Yet, anyway.

Then Ashlyn and I had a great conversation a couple of days ago. She called me into the bathroom to help her wipe and she had a huge wad of toilet paper. We have had this conversation before. I mean the price of that stuff has become unreal. So I said "Ashlyn you are wasting the paper. It's expensive. Do you want me to start taking money out of your piggy bank to buy toilet paper?" She said, "No mommy don't do that. I will ask Santa for some Princess toilet paper and then I won't want to waste it."

2 comments:

Dorinda said...

I love the babbling stage. It's when they start talking and talking and talking that gets difficult!

Julianna makes that annoying noise too. I hate it...

MaryBeth said...

Ashlyn is a funny girl... princess toilet paper?!?