Friday, April 04, 2008

The Princess and the Paupers.

One way that we encourage Ashlyn to have good table manners is to ask her "don't you want to eat like a princess?" This usually works because if you know Ashlyn, she loves anything Princess.
I made another attempt at introducing the little ones to table etiquette. Today I pushed their booster seats up to the table and gave them trays and spoons.Not too bad.Brooke was a little silly but, she actually did the best with the spoon. Ryan shows some room for improvement. This was one of the frequent times he was licking his plate. Haven't we seen this before?Ok.....so a princess can't be good all the time.

This is just a funny photo I have to share. I call her my Brookie Bird. She knows she isn't allowed to climb over the gate, and listens most of the time. Instead, so she can test her limits without being scolded, she will perch herself on the gate and watch me in the kitchen. She does this quite often and I don't mind. At least I can see where she is at all times. Notice the other two playing in the background. You won't hear from me for a few days. We are taking off in the morning with Ashlyn for her over night trip. We are all excited. I'll try to get some good photos.





1 comment:

MaryBeth said...

I can't believe what a great climber Brooke is!! Hope you all have a great trip this weekend.