Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Pretending it's summer.

Since the weather is not cooperating with us, we spent today pretending it was warm. It wasn't bad, about 48 degrees for a high, but it could be a little warmer in my book.
We thought we'd get out while we could because we are expected to get another 6 to 10 inches of snow on Thursday. I really am getting fed up with our weather. My kids need fresh air and sunshine or I'll need 4 straight jackets in a size XS.

My mom was the catcher and cameraman. This was the little ones first experience in a park. They caught on quick with the slide and really loved it.

Ryan was a little slower up the stairs because he had to stop and play with rocks. Typical boy.


Then we topped the day off with ice cream. Ashlyn had cotton candy flavor. I can sum that experience up with Gaby's favorite phrase, "yum yum".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your photos are so cute and they brought back sooo many memories from when CJ was little and we played at that park all the time! Thanks for sharing. We pretended it was summer today too.

Evan, Mindy, Denver, and Makenna said...

How cute watching the kids go down the slide! We've been trying to pretend that it's warm too, by going for stroller rides; can't wait until Denver is ready to go down the slide.

MaryBeth said...

Looks like you guys enjoyed the park as much as we do... only we're getting weather that you would probably consider summer. Hope your summer days arrive just in time!

Cadi + 4 said...

Sara, it seems so long ago that you guys lived there. I'm glad it brought you good memories.

Mindy, I can't wait to see Denver go down the slide also. It will happen before you know it.

Marybeth, you don't have to rub it in, I see your girls in their sundresses and it makes me jealous. I'm only kidding of course. Hope they are feeling better. I've noticed your blog has been out of commission for a while. They must still be ill.

Cadi