Monday, April 14, 2008

Happy Birthday, Kittens!!

Here is the proud mama. Her name is Cali. She had 3 kittens. One is a light beige and the other 2 are dark calico. It will be fun to have them under our front step. Every time I open the front door, I hear mewing. On the downside, there will be more little beings for me to trip over, like I need that.
I have always been told that if a cat has 3 colors or more it is most often a female. I guess calico males are extrememly rare, I have never seen one. So I guess 2 are girls then. I usually can't tell the sexes otherwise until their testicles descend, or don't. We actually had a cat that we thought was a boy and his name was Tubby. Well, one day I looked at him and noticed he looked rather wide all of a sudden. Sure enough the next day HE had a litter of kittens.
These are just some photos of the kids playing outside yesterday. The snow is melting fast which leaves our yard looking like a mud hole. Gaby was feeling so carefree to finally be out of the house.

I didn't take Ryan long to find the mud. I think we will see lots of photos of him bending down to play in mud, rocks, sand, or anything else dirty. He is drawn to it like bees to honey.

Brooke was obsessed with the tree. Especially when I was trying to get her attention.

It is getting to be impossible to get them to look at the camera anymore. There is too much else to look at, mom is boring.

1 comment:

Dorinda said...

Came across your blog and had to say that I'm jealous of your snow. It only snowed once in Virginia this year and I'm so disappointed!!

Your kids are adorable :)
Dorinda
Mom to Kaitlyn 7, Caleb 4, Julianna, Rachel and Alyssa 17 months
www.nelsontriplets.blogspot.om