Monday, April 07, 2008

Ashlyn's Big Adventure.

Well we're back. We actually cancelled all our plans on Sunday so we could try and get back before the winter storm that was going on where we were, followed us all the way home. It did stop about half way home. Ashlyn had so much fun. It was very enjoyable watching her get so excited about everything from the hotel room to Toy's R Us. She loved the pool as you can see.

Lance took her down the water slide many times. I took her the first time and it took quite some time to convince her to do it again. I didn't realize how fast it shot you out the bottom and it was a good thing he was at the bottom to catch her, because I went face first into the water and scraped my knee on the bottom of the pool. She was wearing a life vest but she got dunked and didn't like it. Once she got over the trauma she really loved it, with daddy at least.

She is a girl after my own heart in the fact that she likes to shop. She had some birthday money and we scoured the stores trying to find just the right thing. This is what she finally decided she couldn't live without. This little piglet wiggles and oinks just like a real little pig, minus the stink. It also came with a bottle.

I also couldn't resist bringing home 3 of these that were on clearance for $7 each. I've been looking at them for a while at various places and they were around $30. The babies have been playing on them almost nonstop. I sure wish they made a volume control on some of these kinds of toys. I was hearing Dora sing "Old McDonald Had a Farm" in my sleep last night.

No comments: