Thursday, August 28, 2008

2 Prayer Requests.

If you can find the time.

First off I have applied for a job. I know, it's a shocker. I have been working on Saturdays since February, but have been saying that I love this particular position so much, it would be great if I could do it a couple more days a week.

Well, be careful what you wish for, because there just became available a position almost exactly like that. Except even cooler. So I, of course, applied and even worked one day with the new doctor because they haven't hired anyone yet. It went great and I am saying lots of prayers that they will offer me the position. If not, I will accept that this is not perfect timing and stay home with my little sweeties (or mostly monkeys) for a little longer. I'll let you know when I find out anything.

My second prayer request is a little sadder. My dad's cousin, Yvonne, is suffering daily with the debilitating symptoms of ALS, or Lou Gehrig's disease. For those of you that aren't familiar with this disease, it basically causes increasing muscle weakness, especially involving the arms and legs, speech, swallowing or breathing. Patients may even become paralyzed and it always results in death but the progression is different for every person. She is a very strong woman and is also very lucky to have her sister (who is a nurse) and her daughter live with her and care for her. Her daughter, Martha, has a blog called Joy in the Journey where she writes about her mother. Please pray for her comfort and also for strength for her caregivers.

On a lighter note, here are some funny photos my mom took of the kids. Please ignore the background, if my house weren't such a cluttered mess, then were would all the mice hide? Just kidding, we don't have any mice, at least not yet.

This is my latest design. If I'm in desperate need of a shower and there is no one available to watch the kids, I just strap them into their highchairs with a cup of water and put Baby Einstein on my computer. They thought this was great fun.

2 comments:

Martha and Yvonne said...

Cadi...thank you so much for asking for prayer for us. This has been far tougher than I ever thought, yet I am so thankful I've been able to care for mom. I know she's ready for Heaven, and I know my parents will look down at their strong kiddos with pride, but it doesn't make it any easier. Thanks a ton...Love ya! ~Martha

Dorinda said...

I will keep your prayer requests in mind :) Great idea for the kids video - they look so happy and content! Thank God for TV. Oh, I'm probably not supposed to say that...

And I don't think I commented that those cookies look really yummy and you need to mail a batch to Virginia! Need the address? Just e-mail and ask. :)