Friday, September 05, 2008

And the Winner is........

Here are the moments leading up to the big drawing. I had lots of help. Some of it was actually wanted.If you're wondering where Brooke is, she is taking a nap because she was Miss Cranky Pants this morning. Ashlyn got to use her scissors to help. She doesn't even know that she is not actually cutting any of the names. I just gave her the scraps to cut after I cut all the names out.Here is Gaby making her first attempt to cut using a scissors from a toy hair care set. It doesn't have a blade. She loved that she was included, though.And Ryan using the same set of scissors. They had a blast and I'm so glad we did this. It was a fun family project. Ashlyn is the only one that really understands and she was so excited. She has been asking all week when we were going to do the drawing.Here is Miss Ashlyn drawing out the folded slip of paper. The one in her right hand is just a scrap that she was cutting. I didn't want you to think she drew more than one. Now she is carefully unfolding it.And.....


For those of you that didn't win, I'm sorry. I would have loved to send out books to all of you. You don't have to totally miss out on the books though if you have a little extra cash to spend. If you go to Amazon.com's website and search for Karen Katz or click here and I've already done it for you, they are having a sale right now where lots of their merchandise is buy 3, get the 4th item free. I do know that the Karen Katz books are included as long as they are under $10. There are also many other books (and other things too just check it out)to choose from if you want a variety. We personally love these books.

I wasn't asked to endorse Amazon but I love their site and have been using it for years. On the products that come directly from Amazon you can get free shipping on orders over $25(when you click on the item look for it to say "free shipping on orders over $25"). This was the reason why I can only give the prize to one family, because it won't cost me anything to ship it.

So MaryBeth, congratulations!!! If you want to go the Amazon.com site and pick out your books and then email at lcofarrell@tnics.com . If you want any that are over $10 (I think that the "Counting Kisses" one is, but most of them are under $10) then you can have 3 books plus the cookbook. Or if you stay under $10 for each book, you can actually have 4 books plus the cookbook. If you see any other than Karen Katz that fit into the sale, and that you think the girls would like, you can pick them instead. I'm pretty flexible. Just email me if you have any questions. Make sure you tell me your address in the email and I will get them sent out soon.

Here are some pretty recent photos of MaryBeth's girls (she also has triplets that are 2 years old named Sarah, Kate, and Maggie, and a big sister Ella that is 3). MaryBeth, I hope it's ok that I stole these photos from your blog, if not just let me know and I'll take them down. Here is a link to her blog so you can all check it out. Four Silly Sisters. These girls could use some cheering up because their daddy was just deployed to Iraq for a year. Their mommy could use some too.

Ella

Sarah

Kate

Maggie

3 comments:

Dorinda said...

It's rigged, I tell ya!! How much did MB pay Ashlyn? I gave her $5 - I guess it wasn't enough :(

Kidding of course. Great idea Cadi!

MaryBeth said...

Woohoo!! Yipee... I'll let the girls help me pick the ones they would like. Thanks a ton. I'll be in touch!

Cadi + 4 said...

You are too funny Dorinda!! Honestly I could never have decided who to pick for the winner. I really wanted them all to win. That is why I left it up to Ashlyn and the luck of the draw.

I hope they love them. We can even call it a belated birthday present.

Cadi