Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Why have I been MIA?

I'm hearing from various people that my blog is slowing down. Sorry. I really miss writing on here but have found it hard to even check my email and keep up with all the blogs that I read lately.

Yes, it is my new job that is keeping me busy. Its a sacrifice I'll have to make and I hope you forgive me, because I really love it. I'll admit it is a lot of new things but I am learning quickly and it just feels so good to be working in a field that I love again, minus the crazy hours.

I love my kids too, but I haven't really missed them that much. This job is a perfect compromise so far, because I am away from home part of the week but still home a lot more than most working moms. The kids wave me away each morning, blowing kisses, and greet me with a huge smile saying "momma!!!" when I walk in the door.

Today was my first day orientating in the OR. The Dr. I work with is an orthopedic surgeon so our Tuesdays will mostly be spent in surgery. I have never worked in surgery but am finding that I really like it. It was a long day today but I got to see a lot of cool things.

So hopefully I won't totally neglect the blog. I'll try really hard to keep writing. Maybe I'll put my mom on camera duty to try and give me some inspiration. She'll love that.

Here is my little Betty Crocker hard at work making cupcakes. Ashlyn loves to help me bake.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cadi

Good to have you back! Congrats on the job. I had a feeling your blog was going to slow down a bit.

Hope to see you around Christmastime.
Rita

MaryBeth said...

I'm just glad to hear that you are enjoying the new job! That's great news... we'll take what we can get with the blog, but once the learning curve levels out a bit I bet you'll be back to normal posting.