Friday, May 23, 2008

A Visit from Bambi.

My sister brought this little fella over yesterday morning. Someone donated it to them after their dog drug it out of the woods. Though she really wanted to keep it she found out it would take a significant amount of work to care for it.

She called the local zoo who directed her to the Game Fish and Parks and they told her that at that age they need to be fed every 3 hours round the clock.


The "little dear" would also need assistance with using the restroom. Not as easy as changing a diaper every now and then.

She asked me if I wanted it. I said, no thank you I have enough little beings that need to be fed every three hours and at least I don't have to help them go pee pee.

He is a cute little bugger though isn't he?

5 comments:

Christie said...

Oh how cute!!! Is she going to end up keeping it? I'd love to have a deer, well, in theory. Don't show up at my door with it though. :)

Christie
mcgoverntrio.blogspot.com

Cadi + 4 said...

No, my sister took him back to the woods where he came from. She was told that the mother would not care about human scent, but would take him back.

I'm with you. Always wanted a baby deer and a baby duck but I could not handle one more little being dependant on me.

Cadi

Wendster said...

That little dear is stinkin' cute.

Mom found a baby possum, and as diligent an animal lover as she is the poor little guy still died after about a month. Probably a good choice to let the professionals raise the deer. Only because they have the staff and the stuff to do it.

Dorinda said...

How cute is that? I wouldn't want to do all that work though but who wouldn't want to have a cute wild animal as a pet? Like a tiger or lion cub - this is what Kaitlyn would like. How bad could it be? Raise a wild cat and later get eaten by it - what a way to go - it's cute until then.

Ms. Perky said...

ohmygosh how CUTE!