Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Sibling Rivalry. Volume II.

This post is supposed to go with the above post but I can't, for the life of me figure out how to get them together. So it's either have them on separate posts or throw my computer out the window.

Does this scene look familiar? If it does you know my pain. I don't know if it's the age they're at, the clash of personalities, or something in the air.

My kids seem to fight from sunup to sundown. Biting, pushing, hitting, and crying, lots of crying. If there is one toy, they fight. If there are 2 or 3 of the same toy, they fight. If there are 4 of the same toy, they no longer want it.

We are back to the 2 nap schedule. I gave the one nap schedule my best shot but I couldn't take all the screaming. They seemed to be begging to go to bed. Besides, my house was suffering. I know, I could be cleaning instead of typing, but you would all miss me, wouldn't you?
I've always had a love of communication. Reading, writing, and if you know me in person, you know I love to talk. Too bad I can't get paid for it. So that I could be wealthy. Then I could hire someone to control my endless mountain of dishes and laundry. Not to mention the cobwebs and the dust bunnies. Don't forget the layers of dust and the fingerprinted (and noseprinted) windows.

Someday my kids will be gone and I'll have less to document. They will probably only visit when they can get away from their very lucrative careers as doctors, lawyers, and strippers??? (They seem to be very adept at taking off all their clothes lately).

Then, unless I start a blog about sagging skin (hey I could do that already), gray hair (got that one covered too), and leak proof undergarments (not yet) this is my prime time for blogging.

So if you ever happen to be in my neighborhood and stop by unannounced, you will see my life as it usually is. If you prefer that I pick up 14 pair of baby shoes so you don't stumble over them as you walk in the door, let me know first. I might even get crazy and find a place for the 4 boxes, 3 totes and other miscellaneous crap that has found a permanent home in my kitchen corner.

Once we build an addition, there will be space for it all. That could happen sometime in my lifetime. Maybe Ryan will build it for me. He loves a good hammering session.

Actually the day that my windows can remain clean with out kiss marks, I will be a very sad momma.

3 comments:

Christie said...

LOVE IT!! Amazingly, you wrote about my life too. :) I'm always thankful that family doesn't live nearby because then I'd actually have to pick up all the random piles of crap that congregates for days and then I'm too lazy to pick up and put away so I'll toss clothes in the laundry, clean or not, and throw out whatever else is there.
The fighting drives me up a wall! They take each others things just to see the reaction. In your video, it totally reminded me of 2 of my 3, although one of the 2 on the slide would have been beat down and dragged away from the slide.
But, I know they love each other when one will cry/yell for the other out of concern when they walk too far apart.

Christie
mcgoverntrio.blogspot.com

MaryBeth said...

Hilarious... and a little scary. I'm so hoping that the propensity for taking one's clothes off at this age in no way indicates a future career as a stripper!! Yikes. The video could have been recorded on any given day here as well... only it would have included a good bite on the back for good measure. Blessed and still in the trenches right along with you...

Cadi + 4 said...

Thanks girls, you make me feel like maybe I'm not such a terrible mom. I guess its just how kids act at this age....times 3.

Oh, and believe me, I'm shocked that there wasn't any biting in the video. Probably because I was standing right there. If my back had been turned, he'd have been black and blue.

Cadi