Thursday, May 08, 2008

Sometimes you just gotta wing it.

I've been looking at picnic tables for the kids to use on our deck. I thought it would be a great place for snacks and light meals, which would save me from having to clean high chairs as often as I do. I could toss the crumbs to the birds (or the cats) and spray the table off with the garden hose.

So I've really been comparing two of the Step 2 products. This one and this one. I like them both and I know the kids would like either one. The smaller one is cheaper but only seats 4 so if we had any visitors, there wouldn't be enough room for them to sit. The larger one seats 6 and looks like it is more comfortable but is more expensive.

I love Step 2 products because they are very durable. I have acquired a few pieces from garage sales and they last forever.

In the end I decided to save a few bucks and get these.
I got a really good deal. The place where I got them gave me $2 off each chair. Also, I really love the colors. Plus they will be easier to pack them up if we go on a road trip. I was worried that they would be easy for the kids to tip over, which they are, but they haven't gotten hurt because there isn't far to fall. Then, they just stand up and do the same thing over again.
So then I was on the hunt for some sort of table to go with them.
Today I found these at Walmart. They are supposed to be side tables for grown ups but the kids don't know that. Look how happy they are.
It was raining today so we enjoyed our first snack on them indoors.

1 comment:

Evan, Mindy, Denver, and Makenna said...

Too cute and too fun! Looks like the kids will get your money out of them!