Monday, May 05, 2008

New Deck--Almost Completed.

This is how our deck looks this morning after Lance and Mike worked all day Saturday. The only pieces left are pretty obvious by this photo. We will hopefully get it finished this weekend. Then I'm going to be looking for some type of gate to replace this play yard piece. This works temporarily but we'd like to get something more permanent.The kids have "moved in" without too much delay. It's so great having a place for the kids to play that is safe. We spent almost every waking moment out there today.Gaby sporting a new pony tail. Not sure if she likes it or not.Ryan is eating a fake piece of toast from the kitchen set. Brooke also in a pony tail. She looks so much more like Gaby with her hair back.
The kids think it's entertaining to throw toys through the slats. Ryan threw one first. Then Brooke threw one. I said "DO NOT THROW ANY TOYS ON THE GROUND". Brooke turned around and smiled and threw another one. I said, "If you do that again, you will be in big trouble". She smiled at me and threw another toy. So then I took away all the garden toys and put them away. She and I are going to have many battles in life I can tell. At least she has spirit. What else can I say?Just look at that devilish little grin.Gaby is puckering to give me a kiss.

Today we started training for the little ones to go from 2 naps to 1. I have tried this in the past and ended up going back to the 2 nap schedule. I am fairly determined this time to stick it out. It will make summer easier if I can wait and put them down for one long nap in the afternoon. Today wasn't bad, we played outside and then went to a nearby park for lunch. I put them down and didn't hear a peep for a hour and a half. Then Ryan woke them all up, as usual. We'll see what happens tomorrow. I'm hoping their one nap will last longer than that. Otherwise I'll never get anything done.

Oh, and did I mention, I love, love, love, the new deck.

2 comments:

Ms. Perky said...

wow that was QUICK! (And your kids are adorable, as always)

Dorinda said...

Very nice deck - thanks for the info. We are hoping to work on ours soon. Or my husband will when I'm gone for a few weeks with the kids. Yea, lucky him.