Friday, March 14, 2008

Back to the Daily Grind.

For those of you who haven't heard, Lance and I just got back from a much needed vacation in Las Vegas. We flew out on the 5th and came home the 8th. It was heavenly. I forgot my camera (still kicking myself) so I had to rely on one of those cheap disposables, which I only had when we went to the Hoover Dam and Red Rock Canyon. The pictures didn't turn out too bad but I won't bore you with too many vacation photos. We went with 2 other couples (Mike and Ellie and Aaron and Jess) and our (single, attractive, available) friend Tara. The 3 girls are friends of mine from high school (probably not for much longer after they see my blog).
Tara, myself, Ellie, and Jess in front of the gorgeous view of Lake Mead. Sorry girls for posting your photos without asking. I think you all look beautiful. If you want your photo removed you have to send a request, in writing, and it will be removed in 5-7 business days.These photos were taken by Mike, who actually remembered his camera. Mike, if these photos are copyrighted, you'll have to let me know how much you charge to allow me to publish them.
This is Hoover Dam. About half way down you may be able to see a ventilation shaft. The next photo was taken from inside of the ventilation shaft, looking out. We took the dam tour and it was very educational.That is about the extent of our photos. The rest of the trip was also amazing. I would have loved to show you MGM, the Venetian (my personal favorite), the Bellagio, Treasure Island, Caesar's Palace, the Stratosphere, and whatever else we saw, but unfortunately, my photographic memory only gets me so far. So I guess you'll all have to go and experience it yourself.
Lance actually won a little cash playing one of the slot machines ( I won't mention that he lost a little playing Blackjack). He also went on a thrill ride called the Big Shot. It's the worlds highest ride at 921 ft above the Vegas Strip. You're shot 160 ft straight up into the air at 45 miles per hour. He has a photo but won't let me post it. The rest of us were too chicken to go on it.
We really enjoyed the site seeing, ate a lot of good food, did a lot of walking, and had a great time with our friends. We are already planning a trip for next spring.
Thank you to my parents and Ray and Vicky for watching the kids.


No comments: