Friday, March 21, 2008

The saga continues......

Since I don't yet have my crib tent, which is scheduled to arrive this week (please Lord hurry) it was next to impossible to get Brooke to settle down for a nap Thursday afternoon. My mom and I converted her crib to a toddler bed because she can get out of the crib but cannot get back in. This was our last resort after trying to put her in a pack-n-play, and then Ryan's crib, thinking maybe she couldn't get out. Having the freedom to move around the room pleased her, but annoyed Ryan, who tried unsuccessfully to join her (though he's not far behind).



That night we went to Lance's parents for supper to celebrate Ashlyn's upcoming birthday. I took lots of pictures, but forgot my camera at their house so I can't show them. Ashlyn had a blast but is starting to act like a typical kid her age. She embarrassed me by acting unappreciative of some of her gifts. In the past, I have sat and commented on other peoples kids not showing the proper amount of excitement when opening a gift. Some have even heard me say "if my kid ever acts like that, I will take all their gifts back". I guess, she really wasn't that bad, just tossed aside some of the clothes and didn't want to say thank you because "she didn't want that"(which by the way she wanted to wear the very next day). I have actually seen kids crying because they didn't like what they had gotten. I just wanted to say, that I have once been one of those people, that gave advice freely about parenting, when I had no experience of my own. To those of you that remember, I'm extremely sorry. My kids are already proving my naive theories wrong and they are not even tweens. So everyone is welcome to sit back and watch me stumble around parenthood and pretend I actually know something about it. I'll try not to give any more advice.



This brings me back to the topic of my youngest child, Brooke. I have since ordered a baby cam (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5983012) also to mount on their bedroom wall. I have looked at these in the past thinking it would be a good investment. Not only could we watch our babies day and night to make sure they were safe and secure but down the road we could find out if they are sneaking out the bedroom window when they are teenagers. If you are a teenager and reading this, I can tell you this is not a good idea. I can also tell you that if you try and sneak out of the house, and start your (very loud)car, when your older brother (who's babysitting) has drank a whole 2 litter of Mountain Dew.........he is NOT asleep......and he will hear you. So back to Brooke and the baby cam. I decided against getting one because of the price. The cheapest one I could find was around $99 and then you can get a second camera for another room for about $70. I was also worried that I wouldn't be able to see the whole room since it seemed like you could only set it to view one crib. Well, I now know which crib to set the camera view on, and I decided the price was worth every penny when I found her hanging by one leg from Gaby's crib. She wasn't even crying, though her leg was really stuck and almost purple. What actually brought me to their room was Ryan crying after the phone rang and woke him up. I don't know how long she hung there, hopefully not long. She has also been annoying us lately by climbing over the baby gates. She's like the Energizer Baby. Vicky tells me Lance was like this so I guess I know where she gets it.

I wrote this post last week and I would like to add that she is now able to climb into cribs as well. I keep finding her in bed with Gaby. Gaby doesn't seem to mind.

No comments: