Monday, March 31, 2008

Happy 40th Anniversary.

These are my parents, Lowell and Sharon. They recently celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary on March 29. To me, their marriage proves that even though life as husband and wife is not perfect and there are many ups and downs, it can still be a lasting commitment. Don't they look so young and naive? I think my mom was 19 and my dad was 20. I was also 19 when I got married and Lance was 21. We'll see what 40 years does to us??? That will be the year 2036.....Yikes!!Speaking of parents this is a fun site (http://www.myheritage.com/look-alike-meter)where you can upload photos of you and your parents to see who you most resemble. My results said I look more like my dad by 4%. Ashlyn was sitting on my lap and saw this photo of my parents wedding and asked if it was a picture of Sarah, who is my sister. I guess we don't even have to do the Look-Alike-Meter for Sarah.



I also did this with my own kids and it said that Ashlyn and Ryan were 50% me and 50% Lance but Gaby resembled me 10% more and Brooke resembled me 8% more. It makes a difference if you try a different photo too. I was surprised that Ashlyn didn't resemble me more because everyone says she does. I tried a different photo and then it pointed more toward my side.

No comments: