Wednesday, June 04, 2008

A Little Facelift and A Photoshoot.

In case your memory is as good as mine, I'll point out that I changed our look a little bit. I was on a mission to get some new group shots of the kids for Father's Day gifts. I had picked up these little shirts really cheap and don't the kids look cute? Since I normally never see them clean and dressed up, I thought I'd put them on my blog so I can see them every day.

I'll give you a little play-by-play of this photo shoot. First shot of the day and all smiles. If you recognise this chair from other photos, it's because it works really well for a group shot. It swivels, so I usually just pile them all in and spin it, then stop it and quick snap away.

It didn't hold its usual charm. Here they are all realizing that they are "touching each other" and they are starting to melt.Ryan is going to pretend like he never smiled while sitting stuffed into a chair with his 3 sisters.Then we tried this pose. It worked well until Ashlyn decided to try spinning them for me. Brooke was nearly knocked off.I took several in this great Radio Flyer wagon that I dragged unto the deck. We received 2 of these wagons from Lance's parents when the babies were born and we love them. I can even drag both wagons, holding 2 kids each, down the driveway to get the mail.

Anyway, this is the only shot where they are actually looking at me while in the wagon. Ryan was obsessed with the cat on the ground and the only reason the others are looking is because I was shaking a dripping wet branch over my head. The things a mother has to do to get her kids attention.Pose #4. For some reason the kids just sat there and didn't try to run away. I was pretty shocked. Obviously they were too. Gaby says "Why are you always pointing that thing at me? I hate that thing with the flash...its blinding. Maybe if I don't smile, she'll go away".
Ashlyn says "Wait, I have something in my eye". Ryan says "Hmm, what is that down there?"Ashlyn says "wait, I have something in my ear". Notice Gaby's feet? This the reason why I don't have 50 shots in this pose. I kept snapping as fast as I could but because she was tapping her feet, my camera wouldn't take the picture. Of course as soon as I said something, they all started tapping. I have some cute video of that but will post it another day. My Internet is on the fritz and I don't even want to attempt to upload it.Ashlyn says "who stinks?" Maybe that is why Gaby is finally smiling.I chose the one I thought best and put it on the sidebar of the blog. I'm sure you've figured out the headless wonders at the top are my sweet peas also. Lance thought it was so weird that I wanted to crop to just their feet. I love it though. What do you all think? I'd love to hear your comments.

4 comments:

MaryBeth said...

This looks like a completely successful photo shoot. I love the way you cropped the one on the header!! I think it is very, very cute. You should print and frame a copy.

Evan, Mindy, Denver, and Makenna said...

I love the feet picture! How did you get it to be skinny and long? I tried to do that with my picture, but couldn't figure out how to make it work. I do like all the other pictures as well. I can't believe how big the kids are getting. Also....you're telling me these photo shoots don't get easier when they get bigger?! ;)

Dorinda said...

I love it! So real yet so priceless. The things we MAY miss later.

Love the foot shot too - perfect...

Cadi + 4 said...

MB, I had the same idea. I want to get it enlarged a little and frame it and hang it on my wall.

Mindy, I think it had something to do with the fact that the photo was skinny and long because of the way I cropped it. I think the kids get more difficult to photograph the older they get. Except Ashlyn she kind of likes it sometimes. Except she wants to see the photo after every shot.

Cadi