Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A day at the zoo.

Last week we went to the zoo. We kind of went in fast forward because we thought it was going to rain. It didn't, but how much time can a person spend at the zoo anyway? Especially when your daily life is a zoo.

This is how we roll......2 double strollers. We let Ashlyn jump out whenever she wanted a closer look. The babies really seemed to like the zoo. These little guys were my favorite. Baby goats. The kids got to feed them from their hands. Ryan got freaked out when I pushed his stroller up to them. He gets freaked out pretty easily. He likes things at a distance but when they come near him he goes nuts.Here are some random shots of Ashlyn posing behind the billboard animals. I tried to get Ryan to pose with her because he was my other passenger (Lance was off with the other 2, teasing the monkeys) but he was not cooperative.



I really wish we would have taken the time to get a photo of each of the kids in front of the bird wings. It would be fun to go back and take one each year to see how much they have grown. In fact, I think I have one of Ashlyn from last year. I'll have to look. Lance was in too big of a hurry to take each baby out and do the photos. When I showed him this photo of Ashlyn he agreed we should have done it. Oh well, we'll start next year.
This was the kids favorite part of the zoo. The carousel. There were only 3 seats so the kids took turns standing. No one seemed to mind.After this we went through the drive through at McDonalds (or Old McDonalds, as Ashlyn says) and had chicken nuggets, fries, and apple slices on the way to Walmart. I used to say I would never feed my kids in the car because they always make such a mess. I rarely ever gave Ashlyn food in the car when she was a baby. It's a whole different story when you have 3 more little ones. We didn't want to haul them all out, and then put them all back in, just to haul them all out again. So while Lance drove, I lobbed chicken nuggets at my kids. See how I can compare my life to a zoo? At least I didn't feed them dried corn from the duck exhibit.
Is anyone else exhausted? Man I feel like I could sleep a week straight. Summer is kicking my butt.

3 comments:

Dorinda said...

Summer, huh? Then what's with the jackets?!! :)

At least your zoo day seemed to go a little better then ours!!

Anonymous said...

I second the exhausted part! Though I don't have any little ones, I have mom...who takes as much care as a little one. I think I could probably sleep over a week straight...there just aren't enough hours in the day!! =)

Michele S said...

My van looks like it belongs in a Third World country. The only thing missing is goats and some chickens! I'm sure yours couldn't possibly be worse than mine. :)