Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Dear Diary,

I would like to mark this day in history as the day that I completed a self lobotemy (which means I removed part of my brain) and boxed up the remains. I then buried the offending piece of matter in the garden next to my husbands prize tomatoes. Why would I do such a thing? I'm hoping with less of a brain these children will irritate me less. I will be oblivious to the chaos that is around me.

What else can a mother do when her 3 almost 19 month olds are coming down with a second cold when they haven't even recovered from the first one? When they refuse to nap when they are exhausted. And prefer to follow you around and cry instead. Then get into every single thing they are not allowed to get into. Just to say, hey look at me. Well, I do what any other SAHM would do. I blog.

At least Lance is here to help me. Except he is "on vacation". Which means he is allowed to leave whenever he feels necessary. I asked him why I don't get a vacation? He said because I don't have a job.

Also next to my husbands dear, prized, tomatoes lies a slightly bigger pile of dirt. Can you guess what is burried there? It's about 5'10" and has an imprint of a frying pan on the back of his head.

3 comments:

MaryBeth said...

Ohhh, Scott would be in big trouble for saying something like that too!! He actually thinks going to work IS a vacation, and lots of days for him it is. He flies the big airplane full of passengers to unknown city or two and then wanders around said city by himself, where he knows no one, and nobody hangs on his legs and cries, and he does whatever he wants until the next day when he gets up and does the same thing. Must be tough, but I guess he does miss us girls while he's away.

Dorinda said...

Oh I am soooo right there with you! I am going CRAZY with the grabbing and the pushing and the crying and the fighting. So tired of it and sooo over it.

A while ago I got asked if having triplets was harder then having one? At the time I knew it was but they were smaller then, now I'd like to meet that woman again and slap her upside the head! Are you kidding me??? Imagine two kids hanging on either leg, you pick them up while they fuss and there is the third stuck between your legs begging to be picked up and all you can say is "sorry, I'm out of hands."

Like that State Farm commercial says, "I am so there." And I am so glad that someone else is there with me too!!

Thanks for the blog :) I'm soooo happy to know I'm not alone and my girls aren't the only ones to act like this. (though they do nap - well, they stay in their rooms for 3 hours whether they like it or not, whether they nap or not - I NEED my break...)

Cadi + 4 said...

I agree wholeheartedly. Some people just didn't quite understand why I got crib tents for my 2 that were crawling out. They said "why don't you just put them in toddler beds?" For me nap time is the difference between loving my kids and completely hating them. I need to regroup, refuel, and rally with my internet support before I can face the masses again.

At night, I always make sure and check in on them before I go to bed. That is when I love them the most. They are here, they are mine, and they are quiet....and beautiful.