Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Speak no evil, Hear no evil, See no evil.


Ok so Brooke doesn't exactly have her hand over her eyes, nor does Ryan have his hands directly over his ears but this is what I think of when I see this picture. The babies have been good most of the time. They are still sleeping about the same but starting to eat a little more and have slept 4 hours a couple of times instead of 3. You'd be surprised how much one hour can change your whole attitude. We felt like throwing a party. We are hoping some sleep for mom and dad is right around the corner. Remember how I said I would never say, "I can't wait until....."? Well it would be nice if they were sleeping a little longer. They will still be babies so I'm not wishing the baby stage away. I just think it would be nice if I had the mental capabilities of a normal human being again instead of feeling like I've had a lobotomy. Luckily no one has entrusted me to stay home with the babies by myself yet. My mom has been here almost every day and Vicky has come a few days and started coming in the evening twice a week so one of us can get a nap in. It has been so wonderful to have help because there is no way I could do it all on my own. I have fed all 3 babies at once a couple of times but it is no easy task and I would rather each baby get there own quality time. So far I have been able to breast feed one baby each feeding and I try to rotate so they all get their turn. Brooke is still a little slower with feeding so I usually pump for her. Ryan is gaining weight the fastest. I think he doesn't like that we tell him his sisters are going to beat him up if he doesn't grow a little. He is usually the first to wake up hungry and almost drank 4 oz last night. Gabriella and Brooke take turns wanting to be cuddled. Luckily there have only been a few times when they both wanted to be held at the same time. I have spent a few hours sleeping in the recliner with both of them which wasn't too difficult until I had to stand up. We are all practicing juggling 2 babies at once and getting pretty good at it.

No comments: