Friday, November 21, 2008

Potty Training Triplets......

...is not a one man job. I have spent the entire morning chasing half naked babies, pulling up underpants, scrubbing floors and chairs, wiping butts, dumping pee (still only Gaby's), and washing clothes. Gaby was fighting the thick cloth training pants so I broke out Ashlyn's old princess panties. She loved them but so did Brooke who has yet to figure out where the pee is supposed to go. She won't wear anything but the princess panties. I tried putting a pullup over it but she keeps ditching it as soon as I turn my back. So of course we've had a few accidents. Ryan is starting to run to the potty after he pees his pants and at least he will wear the plastic pants. Brooke is determined to wear the thin princess panties and doesn't have a clue why pee is running down her legs.

At the moment, Gaby is sitting on the potty because she cries when I put her to bed for a nap and says "stink". I'm thinking that she has to go but it's always harder to get them to poop on the potty than pee.

So this is day 2 of potty training purgatory. I'm expecting it to last either a short time and then we are back to diapers, or drag on for months. I would love any advice or funny stories.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're brave! Even with daycare kids, I will only potty train one child at a time. Good luck and they will train when they are ready. That is my only advice.

Anonymous said...

Well, dear, I wish you well.

Grandma thinks she could handle being the "potty police". She could sit in your bathroom and catch anyone who came close and ask the big question "Do you have to go??"

When Andy was at this stage, Dani and Misty spent the summer with us.
Basically, Dani trained him. She was 11 and became his adopted Mommy. She had the time and persistance to get the job done. So I guess you just need to adopt yet one more to your family!!

And don't feel cruel. Melissa fell asleep on her potty chair!! Guess she was too pooped to poop! We have photographic proof!!

Lots-a-luck!

Cadi + 4 said...

My plan was to train only one at a time but what am I supposed to when the other two want to try too? I can't tell them "no you can't try to pee in the potty until Gaby is trained". It has been a very long day. I don't know how long I can keep this up.

Dorinda said...

You are braver and/or crazier then I. Julianna has become fascinated with the potty but I have yet to get them their own or really try anything. I don't even want to think about and after reading your posts I'm sticking with my original thoughts!!

Anonymous said...

I am in the middle of potty training my 2 1/2 year old. I kept reading about letting them go naked and they would figure it out. I did not think this was a good idea but it happened by accident in my house. My 2 1/2 year old was sitting on her potty chair and was screaming at me about something and instead of arguing with her I walked out of the bathroom. She decided to follow me with nothing on and continue yelling at me. I explained to her that she better get back to the bathroom so she wouldn't pee on the floor. She didn't listen and peed on the floor. She was horrified and ran to the bathroom. She has been going potty in her potty chair ever since. As far as pooping goes I think we have finally got her doing that all the time in the potty. I just haven't figured out how to get her to be trained at night yet.
One suggestion I have heard for boys is that if you give them something to aim at (like packing peanuts) it will make them want to potty in the potty chair.