Sunday, August 30, 2009

Our trip in a nutshell.

Here's Ashlyn at the airport waiting for our plane. We arrived a little early, which after almost missing our plane on the way home, I highly recommend. Here's our plane in the background. 1st trip for her and 3rd for me on a plane. I love to fly and would rather do that than drive any day. I hate driving.Ashlyn on the plane by her window seat. Her latest phase is acting like a lion if you can't tell.She also likes to pose like she is on the cover of Vogue. Maybe I should send this to United airlines. They could use it for advertisement and I could make some cash."We love to fly and it shows".Here we are at Dorinda's and in her makeshift ball pit. Sorry I was not better at capturing the whole trip on film. We had so much fun I forgot to take out my camera.We went shopping for her birthday. Oh and I forgot, I got my hair cut. For the first time that I can remember I allowed the stylist to cut my hair how ever she wanted. I really like it I just hope I can find the time to straighten it. How do you like my Jessica Simpson boots? OK, even if I wanted to wear these "stripper boots" they were over $100. I don't know which Ashlyn like better these or the red patent leather stilettos. She has style, what can I say?Here is Ashlyn modeling her new princess watch and her new outfit.One of her obsessions was the family cat. His name was lollipop. He was not as impressed with her as she was with him. Cats always seem to have that bored look though so who could tell.This was right before we boarded the plane to come home. I think Ashlyn is trying to show her sadness.This was a model of the Lincoln memorial (I think) that was in the Chicago airport. We had to change planes there.

Sorry I don't have more photos. If you check out Dorinda's blog you can see a few more. The photos could never have done it justice anyway.

Ashlyn had a blast playing with Kaitlyn and Caleb. I really never even missed my kids much because her triplets couldn't have been more like my own. Except Ryan of course is a boy and she has 3 girls. They were climbing right into my lap and calling me mommy after about a day. I even feel like I miss them now that I am home. Its such a shame that we don't live closer.

Thanks for the great vacation Nelsons!!

1 comment:

Dorinda said...

I think you should've bought those boots! Either that or those super tall blue shoes :) Wish I could've sent Lollipop home with you! Ashlyn would've loved that.

Come back anytime! Miss you.