Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Our little starlet.

On Sunday we took the kids to the local annual Threshing/harvest show. This was the first year I had gone since I was a kid and went with my dad and grandpa.

I couldn't wait until my kids were old enough to enjoy it because I really had a good time when I went. It was especially fun to watch my grandpa's excitement to watch the threshing. He loved anything related to the old time farming since that was how he grew up.

They had a pedal pull and as you can see Brooke got her photo taken. She wasn't actually even old enough to enter but before they started they let the 3 year olds try it. The kids each tried it even though they aren't quite 3. She did pretty good with assistance and so did Ryan but Gaby could have probably entered the contest. She is awesome at pedaling. She can already ride Ashlyn's bike at home.

They had a nice little playground near the eating area and the kids played on these sea saws for a long time. It was pretty pathetic that we had to teach them how to play on the playground. Guess that's what you have to do for farm kids.And I definitely have to get me one of these. They were all very willing to go in and we had to coax them back out. Time outs would be a lot easier for me.We had a really good time. The weather was nice. The kids got to try cotton candy for the first time. At first Gaby wouldn't eat it. She touched it to her mouth and tried to put it back. I finally shoved some in her mouth and then she was eating it by the handful. I never have known a kid that doesn't like sugar.

No comments: