Sunday, July 05, 2009

Day 4, 5 & 6 of vacation.

Well I've forgotten most of what we did in the last few days except rest and catch up on sleep. I love how "vacation" makes you feel more exhausted than any normal day of the week.

I realized this morning that I forgot to mention that we went to the dentist on Monday. Ashlyn has been there but this was Gabriella, Ryan, and Brooke's first visit. They did awesome!! No one cried.I think it helped that they were a little older than when Ashlyn first went. She screamed bloody murder for her first 2 visits but now loves it.It also helped that I brought home some supplies from my last visit and we "played dentist" the night before so they knew what to expect. Ryan had a good report on his teeth. Brooke was told she needs to work on not sucking her thumb. Gabriella has 2 watch spots already. This did not surprise me as I've always thought her teeth would decay easily although she brushes the most and her teeth look the cleanest. Ashlyn has her first 2 cavities. They are tiny but still need to be filled. We'll be dreading that visit. It will probably change how she views the dentist from now on.
Last night Ashlyn and I went to a wedding together and then we met up with Lance's family for a big birthday bash for his Aunt Jean. The kids had a blast at the party. There were horse and buggy rides, karaoke, lots of food, and fireworks. We finally put them to bed at 11 pm.

1 comment:

Dorinda said...

I love how your vacation includes a trip to the dentist! That is so funny :)

Hope you had a great 4th - will write soon - it's been crazy!