Friday, February 29, 2008

Crazy Cake.



Here is the finished product. I will also include the recipe for those of you that have never had the pleasure of enjoying Crazy Cake. Not only is it easy but it is very moist and doesn't have a lot of fat.


Crazy Cake

3 cups Flour
2 cups Sugar
1/3 cup Cocoa
1 tsp Salt (optional)
2 tsp Baking Soda
2 tsp Vinegar
1 tsp Vanilla
3/4 cup Oil
2 cups cold Water


Sift dry ingredients into a 9X13 pan. Make 3 holes. Pour vinegar into one hole, vanilla in the second, and oil in the third. Pour water over everything. Mix until smooth( a fork or whisk works well). Bake at 350 degrees for 35 min.


This cake is good without frosting or even with a dusting of powdered sugar. My mom also made her own frosting by mixing peanut butter, powdered sugar, and a little water. My husband likes it with the Coconut Pecan frosting that is usually on German Chocolate Cake (which I buy at the store).


Often when I make this cake my mom reminds me that I once added too much vinegar for some reason and it tasted awful.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the good ol' Schwenn sour cream frosting! This cake is AWESOME with it. (I prefer mine without the nuts though.) Of course the sour cream frosting totally negates the advantage of a low(er) fat cake. Lately I've taken to mixing this cake in a bowl. I guess I got tired of trying to scrape out the little bits of dry ingredients out of the corners, plus my gang loves this recipe in cupcakes. I whisk all the dry together and then just add the wet in no particular place or order. Still tastes great!

LORI (cousin)

Cadi + 4 said...

I never cared for the nuts on top either. The cupcakes are a great idea. I don't know if we've had it that way. My mom probably has done it. I can't remember the last time I've had the Schwenn frosting. I haven't made it myself but I know I had it as a kid. Guess I'll have to try it. Who counts calories when they're eating cake anyway?