Wednesday, May 16, 2007

An Ode to My Husband.

With Father's Day just around the corner, I'd like to take this time to appreciate the father of my children. He may not be a perfect man but then again, who is? The man that he is, can best be defined as hardworking, honest(most of the time), loyal, a wonderful playmate(for the kids that is), funny(at least I think so), trustworthy(the only person I know that will not tell a soul if I confide in him), dependable(the first person I call when I need help), silly(oh, the stories I could tell), cheerful(not many people love to laugh as much as he does), devoted(any of his family and friends can tell you about some way that he has helped them out and that they can always count on him), and the list could go on and on.

This is the man that gave me reason to get up every morning, for the 8 years that we struggled with infertility. He drove me to 3 different states for countless appointments, gave me hundreds of injections(he may have enjoyed that part), let me cry on his shoulder when times where the roughest, and didn't give up when we thought there was no hope.


He held my hand through the delivery of all 4 of our children. He spent 3 days and 3 nights, pushing with his fist as hard as he could on the small of my back, during back labor with Ashlyn. He cooked and cleaned for me, while working full time, during my bedrest with the triplets. He watched over our tiny newborn babies in the NICU when I was too exhausted to get out of bed after the delivery.

He has taught Ashlyn some of really important things. Things like sitting back and enjoying the view.

Snow is cold but it's also fun.
That shampoo can be more than just a cleaning product.
That a deer head can make a good wall ornament(in your basement, that is).

That it's not the size of fish you caught that matters, but how much fun you had catching it.He is the parent that teaches the kids that life isn't always scary. That fun can be found in the simplest things. He is the Ying to my Yang. I've heard that people are attracted to their opposite because it gives their children balance. If I would say "no, it's too dangerous", he would say "come on, lets run". Though our parenting styles are completely different, we have the same goal. To see our kids grow up happy and healthy.



So thank you Lance for giving me our children and for helping to make them who they are.

No comments: