Thursday, January 01, 2009

There's no turning back now....

Yes....it is what it looks like. We've moved Brooke, Gaby, and Ryan out of their cribs and into toddler beds. I've been dreading this day and held off as long as I could but Ryan and Brooke have been unzipping their crib tents (despite everything we've tried to keep them shut) and climbing out. Then they try to help Gaby but eventually abandon her and she starts to cry. Since her bed is a lot taller and we're afraid she may try to escape and land on her head, we made the decision to get them new toddler beds with their Christmas money from Grandpa and Grandma. So far, they love them and I think they may be asleep, finally, for their nap. Lance had to go up and sleep with them to get them to settle down.And of course, Ashlyn has been waiting for such a long time to move into their room with them. Now she finally gets to. Let the slumber parties begin.......just don't wake mommy and daddy.

3 comments:

Dorinda said...

Oh you are so brave! I want to do it but I'm so scared. Let me know how it goes - we aren't far behind I'm afraid!

Evan, Mindy, Denver, and Makenna said...

I'm anxious to hear how it all goes. We've been contemplating putting Denver in a toddler bed before the baby comes, but just don't think it will go well. I'm thinking probably a bassinet or playpen for baby and then we'll work on the transition later.

MaryBeth said...

How is it working out with Ashlyn in with the trio? I don't think Ella could sleep with the girls now, but I'm hoping to put them all together in a year or two.