Thursday, July 03, 2008

Hide and Seek.

My kids have found a new place to hide. They convinced me to clean out my lazy susan in the kitchen (by trying to make off with the flour, sugar, powdered milk, and 3 jars of tomato sauce that were being stored there) so that they could perch their little butts here. I admit, it is cute, and the stuff that was in there looks much tidier sprawled out all over my counter tops. If you look close enough, you'll see that the powdered milk is still in there. That's because I doubt anyone will have much of a thirst for reconstituted milk, especially since Ashlyn has been sticking things like baby spoons (and God knows what else) into the box through the spout. Hours of fun have been had ripping the paper off piece by piece. Who needs TV? Someone told me recently that they had a cupboard just for the kids with pots and pans/miscellaneous stuff, "because they love to pull those kinds of things out of the cupboard and play with them". Then who puts them back? The only time my kids put anything into anything is if it doesn't belong there.

I am too neurotic to allow this to happen with 3 babies. Or maybe I'm not neurotic enough. I'd end up with pots in the bathroom (which might come in handy when I have 3 potty trainers), pans in my bed, and the miscellaneous crap would be mixed in with the other miscellaneous crap that I already have overflowing from every square inch of my home.

In my house if they aren't supposed to have it and they can get it, it gets moved up higher. Soon they'll be able to scale the sides of my cabinets and then were will I keep the sharpies, steak knives, scissors, flour, sugar, butter, tissues, the phone, and remote, and the other miscellaneous crap??

No comments: