Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Joys of Motherhood.

Here are a few things that I've gotten to enjoy lately.

Ashlyn picked out pink frosted cupcakes for me, for Mother's Day. Brooke was using hers for lipstick.
The day that Gaby got hurt, Lance's parents offered to keep Ryan and Brooke overnight. It was really a big help because Gaby wanted to do nothing but sit on my lap and snuggle. When it came time to go to bed. She was scared to sleep by herself. She just kept looking in the other cribs and crying. I asked Ashlyn if she wanted to sleep in one of the other cribs so that Gaby wouldn't be lonely. She, of course, jumped at the chance. As soon as she climbed into Ryan's crib (which is her old crib) Gaby lay right down and went to sleep. Ashlyn even sang to her and was telling her stories. This is her sleeping in Ryan's crib.

Of course, when Ryan came home and wanted to take a nap in it, Ashlyn jumped in and I had to drag her out kicking and screaming. She slept in her bed fine last night. I promised her we would try and make a way to put her bed in the babies room. She really wants to share a room with them.

This is the flower Ashlyn decorated for me at Sunday School. She also signed "her name" all over the card that Daddy helped her pick out.

Last night during supper, I thought Brooke had been such a good girl, eating all her peas. Then I caught her doing this. She was hiding them under her butt.I will have to try and find some cute shots of Ryan. I do have a cute video of Brooke trying to keep him from going down the slide. Maybe I'll try and upload it later. Right now Gaby is crying in her crib.

3 comments:

Christie said...

Ahhh ha ha! I love that she was hiding her peas. What is it with peas? I don't mind them but my kids won't even allow them to be on their plates or their tray. They drop them one by one on the floor until I catch on. I'm sorry about your ER visit. I hope that her ear heals up quickly! Funny picture comparison to Van Gogh though. :)

Christie
mcgoverntrio.blogspot.com

MaryBeth said...

Love the icing/ lipstick photo! Too cute. I think Ella is pretty excited to move in with the little gals one day too.

On another note, I finally fixed the pictures of Sarah's face from our hiking trip post. It is pretty bad, but nothing compared to your ER visit for the ear. How is Gaby doing now? Two days after was always the worst if I remember correctly... which I probably don't! My memory is horrible. lol

Dorinda said...

Cracks me up :) Hiding peas - I think my girls do that too though not with peas - I don't remember to give them those...

So you're a spring chicken then! Like 6 whole months younger then me and you graduated a year after me from school. Hmmm, just a baby :)